Monday 10 November 2014

New Desk Tour

Hi guys welcome back to my blog. I am sorry that I have not posted for a while, my life has been so busy. Anyway on to the post.

Recently, have got fed up with the size of my desk and the space that I have on the top is limited. As part of my Spring Clean and sort I thought I would show you my progress with my desk. So I decided to get a bigger desk with a bigger surface area to spread myself out more. As a uni student I often find myself spreading my notes and books everywhere so below is a picture of my old desk: 


 Malibu desk from Argos £49.99 (sorry not the best quality as it a copied version of the original)

Now below is a picture of my lovely new desk that I got of gumtree for £40. It has a glass top so will not scratch my as easily. 



New Desk: The desk is an old version of the Ikea Micke desk if anyone is interested.
                                     


 Under my desk is a small bedside table that I bought from Argos, it was £24.99. As the desk did not come with draws I felt it needed some. These are really useful for storing notebooks, paper and files. As the desk is so big, at the back I have also stored my sewing machine, laptop cases and past uni work in a box.For the new desk my first thought how to organise the surface area. So using some old  Christmas card boxes I have made containers to hold my spare stationary. In the left hand corner is my mini bureau which holds all my pens, pencils and small stationery.  To make the Christmas card box look better all I did was to cover the outside with wrapping paper and then tape it on. It's a very easy DIY.



Before
After


I also have a few more containers along my desk holding stationery, as well as my favourite dog notelets holder he is so cute, here is a picture:



Cute dog Notelet holder (Was a gift)

Last but not least is my lovely desk chair from Ikea. It cost £72 but was well worth the cost as it is both comfy and gorgeous.


Ikea Gregor Office Chair

 
All in all my new desk organisation has really helped improve my life, as I can do my work so much easier, with more space and storage. 

Hope this helped to give you guys inspiration on decluttering your office space

All the Best 


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment