Monday 19 January 2015

A letter to those who just don't know: Don't be ashamed of who you are!!

Everday I wake up wondering what life will bring.  On this blog I don't really talk much about my faith however today I have been inspired. It is hard in the modern world to know to freely share your beliefs or ideas without being criticised. There will always be some one who who critices you is as part of life.

In the wake of the attacks in Paris in the last week or so it has got the Western world thinking about freedom of speech. But I think the idea is bigger than freedom of speech, more to do with identity. In modern Britain it can be so hard to know who you are, what you believe and how to get there. As a teen I searched for yours trying to understand who I was, until it hit me that I would always be changing yet the same. Parts of your character and who you are develop over time influenced by who you are with and events that happen to you. That's why I believe that being your self in the moment is the most important thing.

Whoever you are or wherever you are everyone is in tilted to their view whether it is something we agree with or not. So don't let people in your life push you towards something you don't want to do. You have the freedom to be who you are, have your own interests and believes.

For me my faith in God is extremely important, believing in a God who sees and hears everything is amazing. I am not ashamed of this, neither should you be . And if you are not sure what to believe in then remember that it's ok not to know because gradually you will. Take each day at a time and remember to enjoy life and your soon find who you are. I still am not sure what I want to with my life, but I know that one day it will come.

God Bless
Good Luck
It's not about what others think but what you think of yourself that counts!!


Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment